Monday, January 08, 2007

i'm not a pusher

okay, i get it. no one likes the idea of hometown 7. i'm on my own. oh well...you'll all learn a lot about abbotsford then. haha.

now in regards to the title of this post...this is something that i've learned about myself over the last week or so of my new years work-out resolution. i don't push that hard.

i'm doing this "bikini body by may 31" (i know - lame name) workout plan in shape magazine and i really like the strength training portion because it only uses 2 5 or 8 lb. weights (i use 5lb.) and a resistance band. every month, they give you a new set of strength training exercises and suggestions for cardio.

however...i've discovered that i don't push myself very much. i thought i did. i mean, i'm pushing myself to do the work-out, aren't i? they tell you to do 2 sets of each move. i've only been doing one set because i'm huffing and puffing by the end of the first one and i think to myself, "i don't want to overdo it". i just can't do one more lunge or whatever. i seriously think that i can't. then the next day, i'm not even sore. well it occured to my this weekend that maybe i can do one more lunge. or even a whole set more lunges. well to my total amazement, tonight i just kept going onto the second set and even though i groaning as i counted aloud, i made it! sweat was dripping onto the mat. hey - maybe i'll become a pusher after all.

4 comments:

Ang said...

nice! you CAN do it! I'll be marking it on my calander that we are going bikini shopping on June 1st!!!! Cause really who else would enjoy bikini shopping as much as me? Just to sound like a trainer, I'll tell you that there is NO reason why you can't do exactly what the magazine tells you to do. You are totally able. If you can't, drink an Nalgene and finish.

Anonymous said...

Bec, you're the best. I love the "bikini body by May 31". I may have to (should) join you in this quest. It is about time, summer will be fast approaching... :)
See you soon.

Ang said...

just so you know "I'm not a pusher" could also mean that you do not sell drugs, which is, for some reason the first thing I think when ever I read this post title. It's wierd, but relieving. Stay alert, stay safe!

Alyssa said...

I think of Mean Girls and Tina Fey saying she's a pusher... I thought that was what this post title was alluding to...