Tuesday, June 19, 2007

this is not the post you're waiting for...

well, i forgot that tonight is our grade 7's graduation and i'm not going home to get batteries or upload photos. but it did get me reminicsing about my own grade 7 grad.


i vividly remember that the most difficult thing about grad was finding an outfit that both my mom and i agreed on. we shopped forever looking for something and i finally picked out this fantastic blue and white plaid skirt, a white t-shirt and a fabulous navy vest. oh the early nineties. and i was pretty happy with my outfit once i got to the graduation too. haha.

the best thing about grad was that all the grades 5 -6s planned a skit about the grade 7's in the future. they'd act out what we would all be doing in 20 years. i was portrayed as a teacher.

it's funny to think about being that old because now i look at these kids like they're SO young but at the time, everything was a big deal. it's good to remember sometimes.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love your gr 7 grad outfit... I also remember trying to find the perfect thing to wear. I think the winning outfit came from Mariposa and I loved it. Cool to think the gr5/6s got your future right.

Anonymous said...

I love that you included a pic of the outfit. Classic.

Ben S. said...

i showed my students this picture today because kids love pics of their teacher when they were young. they all looked at this one and said things like, "weird." "that's you?" "you look diiiiifferent." haha.

Ang said...

My outfit was also from mariposa. All I remember from the mentioned skit was that my character was planning the "reunion" in the skit and that I was a little bit bossy. hmmm