Sunday, February 14, 2010

shoe envy

i know that i fairly recently posted a picture of all my shoes. all the shoes that i dislike. and at the beginning of winter, i said that i was going to get some decent shoes that don't leak and don't hurt my feet. but as of today, my feet are still sore and wet in the rain. i bought tim some great Merrell shoes as his everyday shoes and he's been raving about his feet don't hurt anymore because they're so comfortable! needless to say, i'm jealous. shoes just don't fit me right. and i used to think it was because i was buying cheap ones. so i started buying expensive ones...but that just makes you more angry when they don't feel good and you stop wearing them. i'm back to buying cheap ones. at the running room when i bought my runners, i said to the girl, "it seems like most shoes just don't fit my feet." she replied, "me too so now i just always wear runners." i laughed a jovial laugh but what i was actually thinking was, "easy for you to say - you work at a running store. what about those of us who want to look cute in our jeans and dresses?"

so i'm still on my hunt for cute, run around town without looking like a sloppy mom shoes.

2 comments:

theRachel said...

Don't any of the mom blogs you read have info re: this? Especially the mom-fashion blogs?

Ben S. said...

fashionable moms don't have my feet...